Monday, May 2, 2011

I hate Mondays like today!

I'm so tired and grouchy! 18 patients were too many today (I'm a physician assistant). I could only chart on 3 of them, and I am behind on another 5-6 charts from last week. I was at work 10 hours and it is so discouraging to not be able to get it all done. I feel like I can't even think straight when I have days like that. Tomorrow I will have to go in at like 6 am to have any hope of getting my charting caught up. I already have 16 people scheduled to see tomorrow. It is very discouraging when one of the doctors is only seeing 2/3 of what she is supposed to be seeing and my schedule is overmaxed. I talked with my medical director today and she agreed with me and will be talking with the administration tomorrow morning, hopefully they will cap off Margaret's (a nurse practitioner) and my schedule at 16 a day. I know she is drowning right now also.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

May you get some relief soon....

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs))) I'm sorry that it is so rough. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's been so rough. I hope some changes have been made and that things will start getting better. :)

JoAnn