Thursday, January 28, 2016

Time drags on

JoJo (9) had his surgery last week.  We had to wait from 9 am to 4:30 pm in the preop area, which was very frustrating.  The surgery took about 20 minutes and we were finally on our way home after 6 pm.  He did well.  Much better than I.  From about 1:30 pm on I was boohooing.  The stress of waiting and not hearing anything from anyone about when we were to start and feeling uncared for was too much for me.  I'm so sick of medical crap, and that just sent me over the edge.  Today someone called my husband with the pathology report and said that it was due to inflammation secondary to an insect bite.  The thing is, that bite happened in July.  I just don't buy it.  I feel like they are feeding me lines.  His head is healing well and there is very little inflammation left.  The lymph node may be getting smaller too.  He caught a cold.

Elli (11) saw the pediatrician this week because she has missed so much school since we moved here.  She has missed like 28 days now in 15 months.  The doctor thinks it might be due to her allergies.  She recommended that we restart her Claritin and Flonase and is sending us to ENT, to an immunologist and to the same geneticist that Pumpkin (16) is seeing to see if she has hypermobility syndrome too.  The latter two referrals I requested.  She missed a half day on Monday for this appointment.  On Wednesday she was woken in the night 3 times with diarrhea.  Yesterday she was so dizzy she could barely walk and her stomach was upset.  She had to stay home from school.  Today she was nauseated in the morning but went to school anyway.

Pumpkin (16) had a sore throat on Monday and Tuesday with foul sinus drainage.  Since yesterday her sinuses have been flowing like crazy.  Poor girl.  She is so stuffed up.  She has been doing well GI wise, though and holding her weight until now.

CiCi is hanging in there.  She wrote a short children's story yesterday.  It was really cute about a baby penguin who became a bowling ball.  The picture was cute too.

7 comments:

~a homemaker said...

It does just linger on and on! I had my youngest to the Urgent Care today, too. It appears she is allergic to titanium and has growths on her ears from her earrings. Scary stuff!

I'm so sorry and really do wish I could morph through this screen and give you a BIG HUG! I really do get some of the exhaustion and medical madness you express.

I am continuing to pray, dear friend.

Carol G said...

Thank you, T, that means a lot to me.

Jennifer Hoots said...

I am sure you are sick of doctors!!! Praying you can hang in there and get some answers.

Carol G said...

Jennifer, I really am.

JoAnn said...

So sorry with all these health issues. Praying for you all.

Jennifer Hoots said...

Just stopping by to see if you posted an update on your crew. Hope you are well. (((hugs)))

Brandi said...

Celiac disease? Another autoimmune disease? Poor girl.