Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Josiah learns to ice skate

This is the week when the ice finally froze solid enough that we could go and have some fun.  On Saturday we went out and my oldest daughter and my husband worked hard to clear the tall grasses in a place that we could play on.
Then Josiah decided to go get his ice skates that he had gotten from a garage sale this summer and put them on.  He has never ice skated, but he picked it up pretty well.

I've heard of people using chairs to help people learn to skate, so I brought an old desk chair out from the house for him to use.  Unfortunately it wasn't as heavy as it needed to be, so it would fall over if he fell backward.  It did work to have the kids ride on across the ice though!


After a while we pulled an old milk carton out of recycling and played a form of soccer on the ice.  That was fun!  I only fell a few times...  Our other daughter, Eliana, was out there too, but for some reason I didn't get any pictures of her sweet little self.  I was pretty comical because I went out in my dress and boots, so it was probably a good thing no pics were taken of me!

The next day my 13 year old came down with an upper respiratory infection that has sore throat, fever, runny nose and aching all over.  She's still sick.  It is hard to get that girl fattened up when she can't eat, or to keep up her school work, for that matter!  Sigh. :(

Another thing that has been on my mind are essential oils.  I joined up with DoTerra as a PVC (whatever that stands for) so that I can get my oils discounted.  I've got Jaedyn taking vitamins for her health, oils for her infection, oils for her seizures, and now I also have a diffuser for aroma therapy.  Here's hoping for a great turnaround in her health.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, and looks like it too. I can't believe the water is frozen already. I'm getting ready to go outside for a walk in a light jacket.

So sorry your daughter has an infection. I do hope she's feeling better now.