Friday, January 23, 2015

A Year Later!

How do I even summarize a year? I guess it's time that I tried. I was so busy with working full time and taking care of my children, and I was so tired of writing the same thing over and over that I lost interest in blogging for a while.

In July , we felt the Lord's clearly directing us to move back to my husband's  hometown in Illinois . My husband and my two oldest girls left in August so he could start his new job. My two youngest children and I stayed back in Alaska waiting for the Lord to sell the house, which he did supernaturally. It was a very stressful time nonetheless.

 November 1 my two youngest and I finally made it to Illinois. We have finally adjusted to the new routine.  Already I've made some new friends, which is quite miraculous for me. Usually takes me years to establish the kind of friendships I've made here already. I'm very thankful for this.

 Tim is working at Camp Menno Haven as the maintenance director . We love Camp Menno Haven . It's a beautiful place to live and wonderful people to work with. Josiah and Eliana are taking the school bus to public school each day and that transition has gone well . They started public school in Alaska which was a very good experience as well. The two older girls have been doing a small private high school, which is working out well for Ciara, but a little overwhelming for Jaedyn, who is now doing school part-time and doing some homeschooling as well .  I am not working at this time, but perhaps I will try to find an urgent care clinic to work part-time at this spring.

You may have noticed that I changed the name of my blog since we are no longer up north following that dream.

6 comments:

Bushrat John said...

I'm curious as to how the transition went going from Alaska to Illinois. These are @ completely different worlds. Do you miss Alaska? I wish you and your family all the best in your new adventure.

Carol G said...

John, the transition was difficult. First of all the girls came in August and started high school and it was 100° outside. They didn't have any really cool summer clothes such as shorts or short sleeve shirts . They didn't do so well. It took three months to close on our house, although the second people to look at it wanted to buy it. It's crazy how long that process takes and all the silly little things they want you to do to your house even though you had just gone through all that five years before. I'm happy to say that we are finally past everything that has to do with that now . As for me and the two young ones, I think the transition went fairly easy. I lived here for six years 10 years ago and making friends has been incredibly quick. I have new friends than I had before, but I'm finding some kindred spirits already. Financially it's been very tight and fortunately we have some savings. We got to get things figured out before they run out!

Carol G said...

John, we do miss Alaska, but enjoy the longer days, more frequent sunshine, wider variety of wildlife and flora.

JoAnn said...

It's so great to hear you are all settling in were the Lord has you. I pray you continue to do as He leads and that you all enjoy Illinois. :)

~a homemaker said...

It's so good to see a post! You've certainly had a lot of changes but you sound blessed and excited to embrace them all.

(((hugs)))

Carol G said...

T, great to hear from you! You have a great new blog.